Write another 3-4 pages documenting your human’s physical, cognitive, and psychosocial development during early adulthood. Be sure to refer to and cite a variety of theoretical perspectives that we are studying this week in our readings.
Summarize what went well and what difficulties your human experienced during this period. Consider how race/ethnicity, class, and gender may have influenced these experiences, and remember to carry the events of your human’s previous developmental stages through into what you write this week.
Some ideas might include, but are not limited to the following:
- How is your human’s physical health? If female, has your human begun to experience menopause?
- How well does your human cope with stress, and how does this affect his or her mental health?
- Which of Erikson’s crises has your human encountered so far, and how has he or she resolved them? How would Jung describe your human at middle age?
- Which stage of Schaie’s cognitive development has your human reached, and what is some evidence of this?
- What is some evidence that your human has experienced middle age as a significant turning point in his or her life?
- How would you describe your human’s ego-resiliency?
- What does your human do for work, and how has his or her career progressed? To what degree is he or she satisfied with their career?
- If your human married, how is the marriage functioning?
- If your human had children, what has been their experience of parenthood? How would you describe their relationships with their children? At what age did the children leave home?
- How are your human’s relationships with other family members and friends? Has your human had to assist in the care of their aging parents in any way?
Week 7: Midlife crisis
22 unread replies.22 replies.
Have you ever known a friend, parent, or loved one who has gone through a midlife crisis? This could also include yourself, if you are old enough. What triggered the crisis, how did it manifest, and how did it resolve? What meaning do you suppose the person (or you) made of these circumstances? How would our developmental theorists we have been learning about this week explain the crisis? As always, because this discussion could include highly personal information, please respect people’s confidentiality, and only share what you are comfortable having people know about.
Write a Simple Theory on something you wish to Research in Mental Health.