Week 4 Assignment 1
Assignment 1: Global Business Today – The Hofstede Study
Due Week 4 and worth 150 points
For this assignment, you will need to create a fictional regional company on which to base your analysis. The company can be in any line of business that you choose, but make sure that the nature of the business is such that you can respond to all of the points below. Refer to the Hofstede model in Chapter 4 of the textbook and the Global Business Today Interaction to complete this assignment.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Imagine you are a consultant for a fictional regional company wishing to move into an international market. Present an overview of the regional company, its products and services, the location, brief financial information, etc.
- Utilize the Hofsetede module to discuss the company’s offerings with regard to how the United States (Home Country) views the products and services. Use the following links to help you: https://www.hofstede-insights.com/country-comparison/ and https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
- Choose two (2) countries as potential locations for your company of choice to set up new international offices. Develop a set of specific recommendations for the company. In your recommendations, review the 2 countries using the Hofsetede module: https://www.hofstede-insights.com/country-comparison/
- Provide an analysis of the differences or similarities between the US and the two countries.
- Demonstrate the most important dimensions of the Hofstede model for a U.S. company to consider when opening in the countries chosen.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Formulate, implement, and evaluate effective marketing strategies based on an analysis of global operating environments, market dynamics, and internal capabilities.
- Analyze the major economic, cultural, and political / legal aspects of the international business environment, including the economic dynamics of foreign trade, impact of regional and global trade integration, and key cultural dimensions affecting marketing operations.
- Assess the potential risks and benefits of various international markets and formulate effective market entry strategies to support foreign market expansion.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in international marketing.
- Write clearly and concisely about international marketing using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.