Goal: The goal of this assignment is to choose a topic and create a research plan that will contribute to the Week 7 Field of Study Project.
Course Objective(s): CO 1 & 4
In the Week 1 and Week 2 Lessons, we have read about two steps of the BIG6 model: task definition and information seeking strategies. As you consider the Week 7 Field of Study Project, you will complete a project plan to help you focus your energies and generate ideas to help you be successful academically. To complete the Week 2 Assignment: Project Plan, you have to complete Parts I and II.
Click on the Assignment tab to review the instructions for the Week 7 Field of Study Project. After you understand what is required in Week 7, write one or two sentences per bullet point (there are additional questions and points to help you flesh our your ideas):
- Choose a topic that is realistic and one that you want to learn more about.
- The topic might be a career field you want to go into or something else that deeply interests you.
- Scope and value:
- What is the scope of the topic and your research?
- What value does it bring to your life? To your professional life?
- Communication medium:
- How are you going to communicate your project?
- How will you make your presentation different and unique?
- Critical thinking questions:
- Pose different questions that will help you with your research and investigate your topic in more depth.
- Post critical questions that will push you to improve.
- Subtopics (optional).
- Brainstorming (optional).
Part II is a reflective paragraph that represents your critical thinking process when thinking about possible sources and your research. You are NOT looking for specific sources now. Consider the best possible sources as presented in the week 2 Lesson. What type of sources will work best for your research? How can you support your project plan with credible, current, reliable, accurate, and relevant information?
Once you complete Parts I and II, please submit as a WORD document.
Consider the following:
– Keep in mind that a robust project plan will help you with the Week 4 and Week 7 assignments.