Strategic Planning And Marketing
I have attached work and textbook chapters 1 and 2. Must be read in order to answer the quesions. 1 page
|Strategic Planning and Marketing|
Figure 1.1 in the course text illustrates how various functional plans for a healthcare organization support the overall strategic plan. Figure 1.1: Relationship of overall strategic plan to business unit plans. Adapted from Strategic Planning and Marketing in Healthcare Organizations by R. Stevens and L. S. Silver, 2015, section 1.2: “The Importance of Strategic Planning and Marketing – Strategic Planning Process Overview.” Copyright 2015 by Bridgepoint Education, Inc. The healthcare delivery system is often described as a service-driven industry. Therefore, it is vitally important for healthcare organizations to define the services that they are providing; however, it is equally important to determine the demographics or customer base that requires the specific service. The strategic planning process supports the healthcare organization by prioritizing objectives and detailing the actions needed to fulfil the goals of the business plan. Specific actions are unique and depend on the healthcare organization’s services, goals, and mission. Not all objectives outlined in the strategic plan require marketing plans (e.g., purchasing land, equipment, and buildings). Other objectives may require a marketing plan (e.g., providing physical therapy targeted toward a specific demographic). To prepare for this discussion, read Chapters 1 and 2 of the course text. You may also want to review the recommended article by Yang (2010). Then read the scenario below and construct your initial post based on the directives that follow. Scenario The marketing director for Happy Valley long-term care center looks at the organization’s strategic plan to differentiate marketable objectives from non-marketable objectives. Objectives found in the healthcare organization’s strategic plan include the following:
· Purchasing medical equipment
· Purchasing more land
· Acquiring financial capital
· Acquiring physical resources
· Providing elder day care to Alzheimer’s patients
· Providing physical therapy
· Providing social activities such as bingo
· Promoting product awareness such as: marketing in a manor to improve the public’s perception of the HCO’s product or service
· Providing shuttle service to medical appointments
· Increasing sales
· Creating a brand
· Establishing the organization as a leader in the long-term care industry
Initial Post: Based on the Happy Valley scenario detailed above, and the information presented in Chapters 1 and 2 of the course text, construct an initial post in which you
· Differentiate between the organization’s stated objectives as to whether they are marketable or non-marketable objectives.
· Select the marketable objectives (i.e., those you would recommend developing in a marketing plan), and explain why you consider those objectives marketable.
· Explain why the marketing plan objectives should be in line with the objectives in the healthcare organization’s strategic plan.
Be sure to provide concrete examples from the text and from your own research. Each source should be cited and referenced according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).