Staffing And Communications Management Plan
Using a provided template and a word-processing application, develop a staffing management plan and a communications management plan for a given scenario or a real-world project of your choice. Use the PMBOK Guide as the model for this assessment.
This portfolio work project, a staffing and communications management plan, is based on your selected business or IT project. You will base your assessment on the Cosmo, Inc. case study By definition, communication management “describes how, when and by whom information about the project will be administered and disseminated” (Project Management Institute, 2017, p. 569).
When dealing with human resource management in projects, we are attending to the methods that assist in organizing and managing project team members. Team members involved are aligned to roles and responsibilities that ensure the venture is successful. It is important that team members are also involved in various parts of the project, such as planning and decision making.
Challenges can occur when dealing with project team members, especially when a key player quits or is moved to another project. In this situation, the project manager needs to make sure that there is a backup team member who can take over the tasks quickly. This is to ensure that the triple constraints (time, cost, and scope) are not affected enough to negatively influence the outcome of the project.
The staffing management plan must address the areas that need to be included and how they should be implemented to ensure the project is successful. The management plan links individual success to team success, and thus, to project success.
This document is a planning tool used to define, develop, monitor, and control the project requirements. The scope management plan is an important planning document because effective scope management is necessary for project success.
Project Management Institute. Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) — Sixth Edition and Agile Practice Guide. Newtown Square. PA. 2017.
For this assessment review Cosmo INC
- Cosmo INC: Based on the analysis completed by a task force at Cosmo, Inc., the marketing department must develop, implement, and test a new marketing campaign focused on maintaining current customer levels and increasing their customer base through the utilization of new technology. Refer to the Cosmo, Inc. Case Study [DOC] document for more information.
You are the project manager.
PM5018 Business Case
PM5018 Business Case
Cosmo, Inc. is a leader in the development and distribution of wearable technology, including fitness coaching, nutritional coaching, and lifestyle advising products. The company holds a 33-percent market share in the wearable technology category. After doing marketing analysis, senior leadership realizes the onset of competition could negatively impact future earnings.
CEO and President Harold Living tells his leadership Cosmo, Inc. needs a new marketing strategy to not only increase market share but to maintain current levels. Based on data analytics, Cosmo decides to incorporate technology trends into the company’s strategic marketing, including:
· Internet of Things (IoT).
· Digital services.
· Data analytics.
· The mobile technology movement.
Living selects a task force to review Cosmo, Inc. and their competitors’ data analytic reports to recommend a new strategy.
Demographics include but are not limited to:
· Ages 25–50.
· College educated.
· Annual income greater than $75,000.
· Residents in cities with population greater than 500,000.
· Technology savvy.
· Utilize mobile technology at work and home.
· Utilize Cloud technology at work and home.
Marketing Campaign Strategy Objectives
The campaign’s goals are as follows:
· Develop a marketing campaign strategy to increase production of wearable technology by 25 percent.
· Increase customer base by 20 percent by identifying unknown customer segmentations based on age, demographics, income, education, and technology.
· Utilize current technologies, including social media and data analytics, for predictive analytics to identify known and unknown customer segments.
· Become a leading competitor in wearable technologies.
· Become a leading competitor using trending technologies, including IoT, mobile technology, and artificial intelligence applications.
· Integrate technology into current ERP and Marketing systems to create an improved digital business of the future and to deliver and support products to improve the customer experience and “mesh” embedded services of people, devices, and content.
· Develop and implement a new process within the Customer Service department to establish new-product support services.
· Meet current and future neutrality regulations.
Details about the project include but are not limited to:
· Timeframe: 10 weeks.
· Budget: $150,000.
· Campaign length: 6 months.
· Measurement: Performance reports to be developed in order to monitor the increase in customers and customer satisfaction rates.
· Departments involved:
· Information Technology.
· Customer Service.