Servant Leadership Analysis
Analyze your volunteer experience by writing a 1,000-1,250-word reflection in which you examine how volunteering enabled you to practice the principles of servant leadership. In your paper, reference and address the following:
- Summarize your servant leadership volunteer opportunity by sharing the who, what, when, where, why, and how of the experience.
- Which of Greenleaf’s principles of servant leadership did you implement and learn the most about through completing the servant leadership experience? Provide supporting examples and in-text citations.
- Both Greenleaf and biblical passages referenced in the various study materials focus on the idea that power comes from giving it away and that taking the role of a servant can make one a leader. Discuss whether your servant leadership volunteer opportunity helped you to find yourself as a leader in this way. Provide supporting examples and in-text citations.
- Explain how serving others as a leader might influence change or produce a positive impact for the greater good and contributes to the restoration of communities and society at large. Provide supporting examples and in-text citations.
- Discuss what you learned about your personal leadership skills and style through your service experience. Provide supporting examples and in-text citations.
- Looking forward, explain how you will use what you have learned about the principles of servant leadership in your workplace, organization with which you are involved, and in your personal life. Provide in-text citations.
Use a minimum of two resources to strengthen and support your claims.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide