Conduct research on a security-related topic that can benefit an organization. This topic will build upon security principles and will be used to demonstrate a solid understanding of the concepts of the topic and how it specifically relates to security.
This first assignment will allow you to establish the Key Assignment Template that will be used throughout the class for all Individual Project Submissions and to allow you to ensure that basic security concepts are considered throughout the process. You will complete the following:
Choose a topic that related to advances in information assurance security. High-level topics include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Information security and risk management
- Access controls
- Security architecture and design
- Physical and environmental security
- Telecommunications and network security
- Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Legal, regulations, compliance, and investigations
- Application security
- Operations security
The topic of choice will be submitted to the instructor. This will include an annotated bibliography for review and approval. This should include at least 5 sources.
Your Advanced Research in IAS and Information Technology (IT) Management template document should be constructed in the following format:
- Use Word
- Title Page
- Course number and name
- Project name
- Student name
- Table of Contents (TOC)
- Autogenerated TOC
- Separate page
- Maximum of three levels deep
- Be sure to update the fields of the TOC so it is up-to-date before submitting your project.
- Paper Topic Background
- Section Headings (create each heading on a new page with TBD as content, except for sections listed under New Content below)
- Section 1: Policies, Procedures, Roles, and Responsibilities
- Section 2: Data Governance
- Section 3: Network Security
- Section 4: Asset Security Management
- Section 5: Compliance with Security Regulations
Each week, you will add to this document and submit it for grading.