Create a 10-slide PowerPoint presentation to explain a selected company’s transportation and warehousing strategy to potential investors and lenders.
Supply chain managers coordinate all of the activities in the supply chain process into a seamless network. The transportation function of the supply chain focuses on the movement and delivery of goods and services in the supply chain network from suppliers to manufacturers to the ultimate consumers. Decisions must be made as to which mode of transportation is used to move products along with the type of warehousing systems that will be used. Many companies are choosing to outsource their supply chain to companies such as UPS.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Design a supply chain to support an organizational strategy.
- Describe the overall transportation objectives of a selected company.
- Evaluate the modes of transportation that an organization uses to move products from factory to customers.
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of the locations for an organization’s factories and warehouses.
- Analyze the economic and political factors that can impact an organization’s transportation and warehousing network.
- Competency 2: Improve efficiency in the supply chain.
- Describe how technology is used for managing an organization’s transportation and warehousing network.
- Competency 3: Manage a supply chain in order to satisfy customers.
- Recommend improvements for an organization’s transportation and warehousing network.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a professional manner that is consistent with the expectations for supply chain managers and participants.
- Exhibit proficiency in writing, critical thinking, and academic integrity by appropriately attributing sources.SCM Case Analysis: Transportation and Warehousing