- Option 1: Go to the Walden Research Center and create a user name and account. You are only asked to give your name and Walden e-mail address. You will immediately receive an e-mail with a link and password to access the participant pool page. On the participant pool page, review the studies that are currently available, and select a research topic that interests you. Studies will vary in type and length. As such, be sure to carefully read the descriptions and eligibility criteria. For the purpose of this assignment you also will need to select a study that you can complete during one online session before the assignment due date (e.g., for some studies listed you are asked to sign up now but the study doesn’t actually take place until several weeks later, or may require the participants to attend multiple sessions – these would not be suitable for this assignment).
- Option 2: Go to the Social Psychology Network website link at http://www.socialpsychology.org/expts.htm. Click on a topic that interests you in either professional research or student research. Click on several studies, and then choose a research study in which to participate. Studies will vary in type and length, and you may find a few that have been closed to participants.
With these thoughts in mind:
By Day 3
- Provide a brief description (fewer than 50 words) of the study in which you participated. Include the title of the study, the research topic, and what you were asked to do as a participant. Note: Include the study title or topic in the “Subject” field of your post (e.g., Test Anxiety).
- Identify whether the research is basic or applied. Explain how you came to this conclusion.
- Provide an explanation of the strengths and limitations of the study.