*Essay should be 6-8 pages
* A thesis statement with a topic, an opinion, reasons, and specific language
*Introduction should begin with a compelling hook, present relevant background information,
and present both sides of the argument
*Essay must be persuasive and have a clear, convincing thesis statement that states your opinion
*You must make concessions to the other point of view to show that you have carefully understood and considered their position.
* Essay must contain TEA paragraphs
*Body paragraphs that are well-focused and avoid repetition.Each body paragraph
should explore a different but related idea.
* Refutation of counterarguments. Indicate why claims that counter your own are incorrect.
* Quotes are properly introduced with page numbers properly cited.
* A conclusion that does more than just summarize the main idea of your essay.It should reinforce the importance of the issue and discusses the implications of the issue on a broader