Requirements Management Plan (RMP)
Use the following list to create the sections (components) that should be included within your RMP:
1. Executive Summary – In 1 paragraph, write this Executive Summary on the key components of your RMP.
2. Project Overview. In 2-3 paragraphs, briefly describe the purpose of the project for the readers that have not seen your Project Charter nor understands the project’s key business objectives.
3. The Requirements Gathering Process. In this section, describe the process that you will use to elicit, analyze and document the project requirements. Identify and describe at least 4 requirements collection tool(s) and techniques you intend to use to collect project requirements from key stakeholders. Moreover, please comment on the collection method’s efficiency to collect necessary project requirements. (Note: efficiency should focus on timeliness to collect requirements vs. cost to collect requirements)
4. Key Roles and Responsibilities. In this section, please list the roles & responsibilities of at least 5 key project stakeholders who will be involved with gathering, creating and managing the project requirements throughout the project ‘s lifecycle.
(For example: Roles could include the project manager, project sponsor, business analyst, customer(s) or project SMEs, or other key stakeholders. Responsibilities could include requirements elicitation, change management, requirements creation, testing and approving requirements. etc.)
5. Requirements Collection Timetable – Using at least 3 requirements collection methods, briefly identify a requirements collection schedule for your project. Please justify your timeline based upon key resources availability, their assumed skills and the collection method used.
6. Requirements Traceability. Please describe how you will track and manage requirements from requirements elicitation to identifying project deliverable, WBS / project schedule development and scope change management. [Hint: Review 100% rule].
7. RMP Approval. Identify who will review and approve the RMP. Please comment on how you will communicate the RMP to project and key stakeholders.