You have been tasked by your CNO to provide a report and present to the board of directors about how your organization is transforming based on Health and Medicine Division (HMD) recommendations in high-profile reports.
Review the HMD reports.
Determine which recommendations directly affect how nurses provide care at the bedside.
Research quality indicators at the organization where you practice, one in your community, or one of interest.
Cite evidence from the organization’s quality measures that demonstrate they are carrying out the HMD’s vision.
Provide specific examples from the organization in the form of changes in care, governance, training, communication, and partnerships.
Write a 260-word executive summary and create a 10- to 12-slide presentation about your findings with detailed speaker notes.
- Conceptual Foundations, Ch. 6: Health Policy and Planning and the Nursing Practice Environmentno new messages
- Conceptual Foundations, Ch. 7: Economic Issues in Nursing and Health Care
- To Err is Human: Building a Safer Health System
- Health Professions Education: A Bridge to Quality
- Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century