Remember to review the syllabus expectations for initial discussion posts and peer replies.
Discuss the following: 1. Define blockchain. 2. Discuss how enterprise blockchain enriches the definition of blockchain. You are required to cite this week’s assigned readings in your paper. You may also cite external sources if you wish. Use the following headings to organize your paper: Introduction, Question 1, Question 2, Conclusion, References.
Submit your paper as a Word attachment in the discussion forum. I often provide feedback within the paper and will not grade your post unless you submit it as an attachment. Your response to the discussion prompt should contain a minimum of 500 words and it should be submitted no later than Wednesday before 11:59 pm EST. Your response should be formatted in APA style and reference each of this week’s readings.
The following guidelines are used to grade your discussion papers:
1. Discussion posts are worth 24 points each week. Twenty points for the student’s initial discussion post paper, and 2 points each for peer response posts. Your two peer replies should contain a minimum of 150 words each and should be submitted no later than Sunday before 11:59 pm EST.
2. The following point allocations are used to grade all discussion papers: 5 points APA style, 5 points use of required readings, 5 points content, 5 points scholarly writing/grammar/structure. Failure to cite each week’s required readings will result in an automatic 5-point deduction. Failure to provide in-text citations of paraphrased and quoted material will result in an automatic 5-point deduction.
Writing Requirements for all Assignments:
· References MUST be cited within your paper in APA format. Your reference page and in-text citations must match 100%. Papers without in-text citations will earn failing grades.
· Always include a cover page and reference page with all submissions
· Your paper must have headings in it. For discussion posts Introduction, Prompt/Question, and Conclusion will suffice as headings.
· Provide the EXACT web link for all online sources – do not provide just the home page, but the EXACT LINK – I check all sources
· No abbreviations, no contractions – write formally
· Write in the third person formal voice (no first or second person pronouns)
· Write MORE than the minimum requirement of the word count assigned
· As always, the word count is ONLY for the BODY of the paper – the cover page, reference page, and / or Appendix (if included) do not count towards the word count for the paper
· Indent the first line of each new paragraph five spaces
· Refer to the example APA paper in the getting started folder under the content tab if you need an example. Also, a power is provided under the information tab that addresses APA format.
· Use double-spacing / zero point line spacing, a running header, page numbers, and left justify the margins.
From the Text
1. Chapter 1 from Blockchain for Business
From the Harvard Course Pack Link: https://hbsp.harvard.edu/import/723788
2. Hughes, A., Park, A. Kietzmann, J., & Archer-Brown, C. (2019). Beyond Bitcoin: What Blockchain and distributed ledger technologies mean for firms. Business Horizons, 62, 273-281.
From the UC Library: Access the Library at http://www.ucumberlands.edu/library/ and Search by Title
3. Gale, S. F. (2018, July/August). Blockchain: The future of HR? Workforce, 97(4), 10.