- Describe one of the three types of Taoism which most interests you.
- Identify the aim of this Taoism.
- Explain some of the major practices and ideas that characterize this type of Taoism. To do this properly, you will need to explain some key concepts within Taoist thought.
- Finally, identify, describe, and explain specific examples from the film in this Unit that demonstrate how this type of Taoism is practiced.
- Compare and contrast Taoism with one of the other religious traditions we have studied so far (Indigenous religions, Hinduism, Buddhism, or Confucianism). How are they similar and how are they different?
- The focus of your response should be on significant aspects of each religious tradition. For example, the fact that they have different founders or sacred texts are not significant aspects.
- A successful assignment will explain at least one significant way the values or ideas of the two traditions are similar and at least one significant way the values or ideas are distinct.
- Draw on the text, videos, and other Unit 1-5 materials to help support your comparison. I will be looking for textual support!
Your response should be a minimum of two pages in length. The assignment is due Sunday, May 5th, by 11:59pm.
The rubric used to grade this assignment is below these instructions. Please review the rubric before beginning your assignment. This can save you a lot of time and heartache!
Format your paper using APA, MLA, or Chicago style. At the very least, double-space, use a 12pt font, and 1-inch margins.
Properly cite any sources used in assignment.
For help with writing or formatting, visit the Grossmont Writing Center: https://www.grossmont.edu/student-services/tutoring/ewc/default.aspx (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Another great resource for formatting is the Purdue Owl: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/purdue_owl.html (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.