Reflection, Discussion And Assignment
Choose a product that you would like to introduce in the market. Create a profile of your target market and to discuss the reasons for choosing this market.
The assignment is to answer the question provided above in essay form. This is to be in narrative form and should be as thorough as possible. Bullet points should not to be used. The paper should be at least 1.5 – 2 pages in length, Times New Roman 12-pt font, double-spaced, 1 inch margins and utilizing at least one outside scholarly or professional source related to marketing management. The textbook should also be utilized. Do not insert excess line spacing. APA formatting and citation should be used.
Reflection and Discussion
Reflection Topic – Targeting
Learning Objectives of Reflection:
- Explain the concept of targeting and understand its importance.
- Identify the criteria for targeting segments.
- Understand the importance of market sizing.
Discussion – Include the reflection into the discussion – 550 – 600 words
Reflect on the assigned readings for the week. Identify what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding.
Also, provide a graduate-level response to each of the following questions:
This question gives you more market sizing practice (it’s a skill you’ll need). Using the logic from the chapter, try to estimate the possible market for the number of pairs of football pants a manufacturer could sell in your city. Hints:
- Go online and find the number of high schools in your city’s school districts. If you live in a large city, focus on only the largest school district.
- Assume that 90% of those high schools have both a varsity football team (with 40 players) and a junior varsity team (35).
- Assume also that each player gets 2 pairs of game pants (one in the dark school colors, and one in the light), and on average, 1.5 pairs of white pants for practice