Psychopathology: Personality Disorder Presentation
Design a 13-15 slide PowerPoint that highlights a specific personality disorder. Include the following:
- Discuss specific aspects of the personality disorder you selected, including how the disorder is assessed.
- Does the disorder have a genetic predisposition? Explain.
- Discuss brain and neurochemical features related to the disorder.
- Explain personality characteristics that relate to the disorder.
- Explain cognitive features that relate to the disorder.
- Describe topics that might be addressed in programs to prevent personality disorders.
Include speaker notes below each slide. Expand upon the information included in the slide. Please ensure the speaker notes for each content-related slide include a minimum of 50 words.
Use three to five sources to support your presentation.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA 7th Style Guide.
Read Chapter 10 in Abnormal Psychology and Life: A Dimensional Approach.
Read “The Psychodynamics of Borderline Psychopathology” by Corradi from Bulletin of the Menninger Clinic (2015).
Read “An Attachment Theoretical Framework for Personality Disorders” by Levy, Johnson, Clouthier, Scala, & Temes from Canadian Psychology/Psychologie Canadienne (2015).
Read “Treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder in Youth” by Biskin from Journal of the Canadian Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry / Journal de L’académie Canadienne de Psychiatrie de L’enfant et de L’adolescent (2013).
Read “An Integrative, Psychodynamic Framework of Personality Pathology” by Luyten & Blatt from Personality Disorders: Toward Theoretical and Empirical Integration in Diagnosis and Assessment (2015).