Assignment 4: Project Review
Due Week 10 and worth 200 points
Imagine that you have completed the same project discussed in Assignment 3. You exceeded the project budget, but you were able to complete the project. However, you were over budget by 20% in terms of costs and completion date. Now, management has requested a review of your project.
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page paper in which you:
- Provide a brief summary of your chosen project.
- Identify and analyze the process you would use to close out your project.
- Determine the main challenges that you would encounter during the project closeout process and provide your strategy to address the challenges in question.
- Select and analyze another computer-based tool, other than MS Project and MS Office (e.g. Word, Excel), that you could use in order to manage project costs and scheduling.
- Speculate on the overall different project management strategy that you would apply based on the tool that you have selected.
- Analyze whether continuous process improvements would have helped the delivery of your project. Provide a rationale to support your response.
- Speculate on whether using risk management techniques would have affected the delivery of your project.
- Support your response with at least two (2) examples of using risk management techniques that would have helped you deliver your project on or under budget.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Appraise the process of determining the cost and relevant budget required for a project component.
- Analyze quality assurance processes in project management.
- Evaluate systems for cost tracking and budget monitoring.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.