Project Planning PS
Please see the attached questions
Watt, A. (2019). Project Management, 2nd Edition. BCcampus Open Education. Retrieved from https://opentextbc.ca/projectmanagement/
Your team has been asked to test and document enhancements to a web application that allows buyers to purchase custom-printed canvas shoes. The tasks and dependencies are as follows:
· Create a testing plan
Once the testing plan is ready, your team can:
· Test the user interfaces
· Test the database
· Test the network
· Write the documentation first draft
When the user interface tests are complete, you can:
· Perform user testing—enlist some users to test the user interface
When the database and network testing are complete, you can:
· Perform integration testing—network with the database
When the user testing of the user interface and the database testing are complete, you can:
· Perform integration testing—database, network, and user interface
When all integration testing and user testing are complete, you can:
· Perform system testing
Then you can:
· Review and revise documentation
After all other tasks are complete, you can:
· Obtain management approval
Duration estimates for the tasks:
1. Create a network diagram and a Gantt chart for the project tasks. Ask your instructor if you are permitted to use software such as Microsoft Project to help you prepare your diagrams.
2. What is the planned duration for the testing project?
3. What is the critical path for the testing project?
4. For each task NOT on the critical path, calculate the amount of slack available.
5. If the user testing of the user interface takes 15 days, what will the impact be on the project duration?
Wedding cost estimation: Given the following information, calculate the estimated costs for a wedding with 250 guests and a bridal party of six, using the methods indicated. Show your work. Note that members of the bridal party are already counted as guests, you don’t need to add them twice.
1. Parametric estimate
2. Bottom-up estimate
3. Analogous cost estimate
4. You will probably notice some differences in the estimated values. Are these differences significant? What might cause the differences? If you were estimating a significant project in the future, which method(s) would you use and why?
|Wedding Cost Estimates|
|Groom’s brother’s wedding, last year, 175 guests, similar venue and style||$20,300|
|Catering||$65 per person|
|Rental of hall||$500|
|Other décor items||$500|
|Gifts for bridal party||$80 each|
|Wedding planner’s estimate of typical cost for this kind of wedding||$10,000 plus $75 per guest|