Assignment 3: Project Performance
Due Week 8 and worth 150 points
Note: This is the third of four assignments which, as a whole, will cover all aspects of the project life cycle relevant to your selected project. Now, it is time for you to discuss your project’s risks and to develop a performance management plan for managing the project.
Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you define the execution and control aspects of your chosen project. In your paper you must:
- Provide a brief summary of your chosen project.
- Identify and discuss your project’s greatest risks (at least three ) and provide a recommendation for addressing each of the risks.
- Examine how you will manage your project performance via earned value management. Identify at least three (3) key EVM metrics you will use for your project.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze project management processes for scheduling and sequencing work components.
- Appraise the process of determining the cost and relevant budget required for a project component.
- Evaluate systems for cost tracking and budget monitoring.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.