Review the Scenario (unit 1 intro) and the addenda items detailed below. ODHS selected the Worldview Globalcom product for implementation in the E-mail Upgrade Project.
- The project was accomplished in 14,960 hours versus the planned 12,000 hours, at a total cost of 1.56M versus the planned 1.25M over a ten month (versus nine month planned) schedule.
- The Worldview vendor team had five key deliverables in the project, one of which was delivered 30 days late and another 10 days early.
- The Ohio Department of Corrections, as a result of watching this effort, is deploying the Globalcom product for their organization.
- Users report that they are very happy with the new e-mail system.
- Mahoning County’s infrastructure was too old to support the new e-mail system; they are being migrated next month as a separate project.
- The Worldview contract was completed within established cost.
- The Globalcom product’s spam filter requires a different network configuration than is currently in place for the network.
- The project team suffered from a 20% turnover rate during the life of this project, and exit interviews reveal salary was the overall cause.
Develop a Lessons Learned document for the Worldview project with these specific action items:
- Write three project success criteria that would have been included in the charter—you may use or reference the project objectives you wrote in Unit One. Explain your criteria.
- Using the addenda items detailed above in addition to information you creatively develop, write your lessons learned based on the criteria and the three components of cost, schedule, and performance (you may use these as individual sections of your paper). Note, not all the addenda items may even be pertinent.
- Assess the effectiveness of a project’s contracting and procurement strategy.Describe the need for measuring quality as an integral part of project management.
- Answer the following in a summarizing, final page:
- Was the project a success? Why or why not?
- If not, were portions of the project a success, and what was the impact of those success areas on the overall determination of project success?
Please submit your assignment.
Your assignment will be graded in accordance with the following criteria. Click here to view the grading rubric.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
This assignment will also be assessed using the Common Assessment criteria provided here.