Throughout this course, we have reviewed the importance of ethical behavior and diversity, as related to HR policies, procedures, training, organizational culture, etc. For the past eight weeks, a number of topics have been discussed, which should assist each of you in further understanding the importance of HRM in creating a culture of success. For your Final Portfolio Project, you will utilize the knowledge gained throughout this course to complete an Employee Handbook for a company in which you hope to start up.
This Employee Handbook should be modeled after the one created by the National Federation of Independent Businesses. Within your handbook, you must include the following sections:
- Welcome section
- Workplace Commitments (specifying information on inclusion and team building)
- Disciplinary Policy (in terms of ethical behavior and anti-discriminatory practices)
- Acknowledgment of Receipt.
Each section should be thorough. Within the various sections provided in your Employee Handbook, you must justify your rationale for specific points through the utilization of scholarly research and state and federal laws. This is your opportunity to present your work in a detailed yet creative manner, which displays your topic knowledge.
The length and formatting requirements for your Employee Handbook include:
- Six or more pages in length and include a title page, section headers, an introduction, a conclusion, and a reference page.
- Formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA.
- Cite a minimum of seven sources, which should be academic peer-reviewed scholarly sources to support your positions, claims, and observations. The CSU-Global library is a great place to find these resources.
Review the Portfolio Project Milestone rubric, which is available in the Module 8 folder, for more information on this assignment.