Due Week 6 and worth 200 points
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper that answers the following three (3) items using headers to separate each item:
- Discuss either two (2) civil liberties or two (2) civil rightsevents. One event must be from within the last two years, and the othermay be from the past. Select events that have influenced a sense ofsocial responsibility in the American government today. Provide examplesto support your answer. In your response, consider how the eventsinfluenced the way state, local, or national political leaders oragencies responded in a socially responsible or ethical manner towardthe community. Please cite your sources in APA style.
- Discuss two (2) media events (past or present) that have positivelyand/or negatively influenced the public’s opinion of a governmentagency. One event must be within the last two years, and the other maybe from the past. Provide examples to support your answer. Consider how anews story or media coverage of an event positively or negativelychanged the public’s opinion (or perception) regarding how responsible agovernment agency should be towards meeting the needs of its customers(i.e., the American people). Please cite your sources in APA style.
- Discuss two (2) differences between the Republican and Democraticparties that may have an ethical impact (positively or negatively) onthe American people. Provide examples from the past 2 years to supportyour answer. Consider the different ideologies, values, morals, and/orgoals held by the Republican and Democratic parties, and their differentviews on the ethically or morally right way to govern and make the bestpolicies for the people they serve. Determine if your example presentsany type of ethical concerns for or against the public best interest ofthe American people. Please cite your sources in APA style.
In your research, you cannot use Wikipedia, online dictionaries,Sparknotes, Cliffnotes, or any other website that does not qualify as anacademic resource.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), withone-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APAor school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additionalinstructions.
- Include an APA cover page containing the title of the assignment,the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and thedate. The cover page and the reference page are not included in therequired assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are to:
- Identify informed opinions on issues and questions involving theU.S. government, national political processes, policy making, and thenotion of democracy.
- Employ terminology used to study political science and American government.
- Distinguish between civil rights and civil liberties in the context of Supreme Court protection of freedom of expression.
- Develop reasoned written and spoken presentations on issues andquestions involving the U.S. government and national political processesusing information in the course.
- Explain how the federal system of government works.
- Explore different perspectives on issues and questions about the U.S. government and national political processes.
- Describe the importance of an informed, proactive citizenship forthe effective operation of the national government and politicalprocesses.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in the field of U.S. government and politics.
- Write clearly and concisely about U.S. government and politics using proper writing mechanics.