Politics And Social Issues 500 Words For 5 Questions
Please make sure to read the assigned Readings for Diversity and Social Justice, Section 6. After you have gone through the material, please answer the following set of questions in a well-structured and comprehensive answer. Please make sure to address ALL parts of the question.
Required Text: Maurianne Adams; Warren J. Blumenfeld, D. Chase J. Catalano, Keri “Safire” DeJong, Heather
W. Hackman, Larissa E. Hopkins, Barbara J. Love, Madeline L. Peters, Davey Shlasko,
and Ximena Zúñiga, eds. Readings for Diversity and Social Justice. Routledge: 2018. 4th
Your answers should be at least 500 words (total for all parts of the question), and include 2-3 additional sources, beside the textbook. The suggestions for additional sources can be found in the textbook; you can also include news sources.
1. What are the primary principles of Universal Design and how can these be applied to various educational contexts?
2. What have you learned from reading the personal narratives about people with differing disabilities?
3. How does this social construction of disabilities impact institutional policies, and societal and individual behaviors regarding disabilities? In other words, how have people with disabilities been marginalized in the past and present at those three levels? Please be specific and provide examples to support your answers.
4. How do you feel when you see a person with a visible disability on the street, in a coffee shop, in a bank, in the classroom, etc. (feel free to include other places as well)? Based on your feelings, what actions do you undertake?
5. In your assessment, how do your reactions, or lack thereof, to people with disabilities affect them? In addition to your personal experiences, please use the personal narratives about people with differing disabilities (included in the Voices section) to supplement your assessment.