Task to be completed is listed below. Thank you
- Chapters 8 & 9 in The Challenge of Politics: An Introduction to Political Science
- Demir, S., & Varlık, A. B. (2015). Globalization, terrorism and the state. Alternatives: Turkish Journal of International Relations, 14(3), 36-53.
- Lambach, D., Johais, E., & Bayer, M. (2015). Conceptualising state collapse: An institutionalist approach.Third World Quarterly, 36(7), 1299-1315. doi:10.1080/01436597.2015.1038338
- Campbell, H., & Hansen, T. (2014). Is narco-violence in Mexico terrorism? Bulletin of Latin American Research, 33(2), 158-173. doi:10.1111/blar.12145
Task to be completed:
Read the articles, “Conceptualising State Collapse: An Institutionalist Approach,” by Lambach and Johais (2015), and “Globalization, Terrorism and the State” by Demir and Varlik (2015), which are required reading for this week. Respond to the following:
- What is the connection between failed (now referred to as fragile) states and terrorism and other forms of political violence?
- Provide an example of a failed/fragile state that is associated with terrorism.
- In addition to terrorism and other forms of political violence, what other problems are generally associated with failed/fragile states?
- What can, or should, the international community do to address this issue?