There are two parts each part are separate from each other
Policy analysis essay: Criminalization, legalization or decriminalization?
Should selling and trading sex be criminalized, decriminalized or legalized, and why? Draw on our assigned readings from the second half of the semester to answer this question in a 3-5 page (double spaced in 12-point font) persuasive essay. Your essay must summarize, analyze and evaluate different policy approaches to the legal regulation of the sex trade. This means, you have to define each approach and how it affects specific groups of people, and explain your evaluation of the models you think are harmful or helpful. You should specify the effects of your preferred model vs. other models of legal regulation on particular groups, for example youth under 18, transgender people, adults, or survivors of trafficking. You will not be graded based on the position you take, but on how persuasively you make your argument. Your paper should have the following components:
1) An introduction that explains why this is an important policy issue and states your position in the form of a clear thesis statement.
2) An analysis and critique of opposing perspectives in the debate about criminalization, legalization and decriminalization of selling or trading sex
3) A strong thesis statement answering the question of whether selling or trading sex independently or with a manager should be criminalized, legalized, or decriminalized for people in the sex trade and whether buying sexual services should be criminalized, legalized or decriminalized for their clients and why, and
4) Clear sub-claims and compelling evidence from the course readings to support your argument throughout the paper.
5) Proper citation for direct quotes as well as paraphrased passages from the reading. (Please see handout on citation, quotation and paraphrasing.) Cite at least 5 assigned readings from the second half of the semester.
6) A strong, compelling conclusion that reviews your argument and discusses the broader implications.
*The attached file are articles and reading that needs to incorporated in the essay*
2-3 pages long, even if they find and discuss sources collaboratively with a team of classmates. Students have two choices for the individual paper. You can either write a book review based on a careful reading and analysis of a single nonfiction book that was not assigned for this class, or a literature review based on analysis and synthesis of 3 peer-reviewed academic articles that were not assigned for this class.
Book review assignment instructions: Read a book related to your chosen topic within the broad theme of criminalization of gender and sexuality, and analyze the author’s main argument and evidence. Write a paper that answers the following questions
Literature review paper: Read peer-reviewed academic articles related to your chosen topic within the broad theme of criminalization of gender and sexuality, and analyze the authors’ arguments and evidence. Write a paper that answers the following questions