Part 1: Respond to the assignment questions shown below. Each response should be a minimum of 500 words and utilize concepts outlined in the textbook as well as any relevant Internet research.
1. Diverse Employees Contribute to GE Lighting’s Bright Future Case. This case introduces chapter 3. After reviewing the case, respond to the following three questions:
- How important is it to GE Lighting to have a diverse workforce? Discuss fully.
- How would you control diversity activities at GE Lighting if you were top management?
- What are the potential negative consequences if GE had very low levels of diversity in their workforce? (Note that this question is not shown in the textbook)
2. Building Your Management Skills Portfolio (page 101): this assignment is structured around the context of managing a business in Japan. Using the template framework shown in the book, respond to the questions asked in both exercise one and exercise two. You may need to do a bit of Internet research to enrich your answer
Part 2: Complete the following essay questions below. Each essay question response should be a minimum of 500 words supported with scholarly research from your textbook and outside internet sources excluding wiki sources with included direct quote and or paraphrased citations within all responses in combination with your analysis of the concepts along with any experience if applicable.
1.Building Your Management Skills Portfolio (page 127 & 128): Read the mini case under the management skills portfolio activity (Fox Restaurant Concepts). Develop responses to the items being requested in 5-10 through 5-15 on page 128.
2.CASE: HP’s Tough Decisions (page 148). Respond to questions 6-7 through 6-9.
3.Building Your Management Skills Portfolio (page 172). respond to questions 7-9 through 7-12. This assignment should involve some Internet research regarding the current strategic situation facing the New York Times newspaper.