OPTION #1: COMPARISON OF COMPETITOR SUPPLY CHAIN METRICS
Consider the information for two competitors in the same industryâ€”Company A and Company Bâ€”and then answer the following questions.
Company A â€“ All figures are in thousands
Net Income = $2,737; Sales Revenue = $69,495; Total Stockholder Equity = $10,953; Cost of Goods Sold = $51,320; Inventory = $8,309; PP&E = $11,990; Accounts Receivable = $22,105
Company B â€“ All figures are in thousands
Net Income = $1,910; Sales Revenue = $15,130; Total Stockholder Equity = $7,725; Cost of Goods Sold = $12,123; Inventory = $875; PP&E = $3,295; Accounts Receivable = $8,013
- Calculate ROE, ART, INVT, and PPET (calculations should be included in an appendix after the references page).
- Judge which company is more efficient at using its assets.
- Hypothesize which company may have excess inventory.
- Explain which company is using its plant and equipment to its best advantage.
- Anticipate what C2C cycle time information may contribute to understanding inventory conditions in each company.
- Prepare a 3- to 4-page paper (not including the required title and reference pages and the appendix) detailing and compiling the specifics to items 1-5 above. Need information on how to create an appendix? Visit â€œHow do I do an Appendix in APA style?â€ (Links to an external site.)
- Support your paper with a minimum of two current (published in the most recent five years) scholarly sources from the CSU-Global Library, in addition to any course textbooks or lecture material you decide to use.
- Format your entire paper according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA (Links to an external site.).
- Be clear, concise, and focused. Be sure to organize your writing properly and include an introduction; headings/subheadings for the body of your work; analysis and recommendations (if applicable); a conclusion; list of references; and an appendix.