· Demonstrate the concept of operations functions, supply chain strategy and issues required for a new production design.
· Exhibit the factors to determine the production and service processes.
· Demonstrate process-flow analysis, process design solutions, operations strategies in the business operation.
· Exhibit effective leadership skills and teamwork capacity in making decisions, re location and layout strategies, taking cognizance of human resources and work methods/job design
Assignment Question(s): (Marks 10)
1) Describe the nature of operations management in the following organizations. In doing this:
a) Describe the operation process of the production system ( input, transformation and output).
b) Identify operations decisions (process, quality, capacity, inventory and supply chain).
· A Plastic manufacturing
· An external accountant office
(Marks 8) (word count maximum:500)
2) Take a tour of the Woodart factory answer the following questions:
a) Describe the process used? (Marks 1)
b) What alternative process can be used in Woodart factory? (Marks 1) (word count maximum: 100)