Identify a state(Florida) health policy and the tools used to implement the policy.
How do you think the political climate has affected the choice of policy tools and the behavioral assumptions by policymakers?
How have professional nursing organizations been involved in this policy issue? If they have not, what recommendations would you make for them to participate?
Develop a few talking points to inform other health care professionals regarding this issue.
Each discussion will be allocated to a specific Master’s Essential.
• Essential I: Background for Practice from Sciences and Humanitieso Recognizes that the master’s-prepared nurse integrates scientific findingsfrom nursing, biopsychosocial fields, genetics, public health, qualityimprovement, and organizational sciences for the continual improvementof nursing care across diverse settings.
• Essential II: Organizational and Systems Leadershipo Recognizes that organizational and systems leadership are critical to thepromotion of high quality and safe patient care. Leadership skills areneeded that emphasize ethical and critical decision making, effectiveworking relationships, and a systems-perspective.
• Essential III: Quality Improvement and Safetyo Recognizes that a master’s-prepared nurse must be articulate in themethods, tools, performance measures, and standards related to quality, aswell as prepared to apply quality principles within an organization.
• Essential IV: Translating and Integrating Scholarship into Practiceo Recognizes that the master’s-prepared nurse applies research outcomeswithin the practice setting, resolves practice problems, works as a changeagent, and disseminates results.
• Essential V: Informatics and Healthcare Technologies5o Recognizes that the master’s-prepared nurse uses patient-care technologiesto deliver and enhance care and uses communication technologies tointegrate and coordinate care.•
Essential VI: Health Policy and Advocacyo Recognizes that the master’s-prepared nurse is able to intervene at thesystem level through the policy development process and to employadvocacy strategies to influence health and health care.•
Essential VII: Interprofessional Collaboration for Improving Patient andPopulation Health Outcomeso Recognizes that the master’s-prepared nurse, as a member and leader ofinterprofessional teams, communicates, collaborates, and consults withother health professionals to manage and coordinate care.
• Essential VIII: Clinical Prevention and Population Health for ImprovingHealtho Recognizes that the master’s-prepared nurse applies and integrates broad,organizational, client-centered, and culturally appropriate concepts in theplanning, delivery, management, and evaluation of evidence-based clinicalprevention and population care and services to individuals, families, andaggregates/identified populations.
• Essential IX: Master’s-Level Nursing Practiceo Recognizes that nursing practice, at the master’s level, is broadly definedas any form of nursing intervention that influences healthcare outcomesfor individuals, populations, or systems. Master’s-level nursing graduatesmust have an advanced level of understanding of nursing and relevantsciences as well as the ability to integrate this knowledge into practice. .Nursing practice interventions include both direct and indirect carecomponents.
The initial post will be regarding the topic of the week and will be a minimum of 250 words.
Make sure you provide 3 appropriate references and utilize APA style.