The assignment requires that you address EACH of the following, so choose media representations that speak to as many of there issues as possible, minimum of 300 words:
- Find a representation of non-normative sexuality in the media (this could be a scene from a movie, a music video, song lyrics, an advertising image, TV show).
- Link that representation in your post so we can all have access to it.
- Then, analyze it according to gender.
- First, please explain why you chose this representation.
- Then, tell us a bit more about it:
- how are women represented?
- Are there other gender representations present?
- What do the people look like who are represented–is their race, class, ability, age, or other social identity category visible and/or important for this representation?
- How does the representation demonstrate non-normative sexuality–in other words, does it challenge heteronormativity or gender norms?
- Be sure you are using the readings from this week to back up your points!
- FORMALLY CITE YOUR SOURCES WITHIN THE BODY OF YOUR INITIAL POST AND YOUR REFERENCE LIST. ONLY 2 SOURCES REQUIRED. THIS MEANS: CHOOSE A FORMAL CITATION STYLE (APA, CHICAGO, MLA, ETC) AND USE IN CORRECTLY AND CONSISTENTLY THROUGHOUT THE BODY OF YOUR INITIAL POST AND YOUR WORKS CITED/REFERENCE LIST.