In this scenario, you have been hired as networking consultant by a nonprofit organization that needs to relocate their main office to a new building across town. The new location will consist of 40 users. The organization has a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policy, so workers will need both a wired network for their desktop computers and a wireless network for their mobile devices.
The network will also consist of one IBM iView Document Center and two HP 4230 LaserJet printers, which need to be networked and accessible using both the wired and the wireless network.
Before the physical work can begin, you will need to make several recommendations to the client. Your recommendations should include the elements listed below. ·
- Beneficiaries: Write a description of who will derive direct benefit from the project and how they will benefit. ·
- Deliverables: Write a description of the computer network hardware necessary to set up the computer network and the necessary software and protocols. Your deliverables will contain the following features:
- type of NIC (wired or wireless),
- routers or wireless access points or both,
- cables and connectors to implement a physical network,
- any other needed network hardware,
- physical and logical network topologies,
- Internet Protocol (IP) version (IPv4 or IPv6) and the reason it was selected,
- IP address pool for the network,
- Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and
- any other network software component.
Ensure your case study is at least three pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages. Your paper should be double-spaced, use 12-point Times New Roman font, and contain one-inch margins. Section headings are encouraged to help organize your paper. Your paper must be written using APA format.
Cite a minimum of three sources, two of which should be peer-reviewed, academic, or scholarly to support your responses. At least one source should come from the CSU Online Library. All sources used, including the e-textbooks, must be cited.