For this Assignment you will write a 2–3 page paper about eyewitnesstestimonies. Your essay should be well organized, logical, and unified,as well as original and insightful. You should incorporate informationfrom your course textbook and one other credible academic source tosupport your essay.
Many people believe that the testimony of one confident eyewitnessshould be enough to convict a defendant of a crime. You will discusswhether you agree or disagree with this widely held belief about memory.You will explain the cognitive processes of perception, attention andmemory. You will discuss how the cognitive processes of perception andattention might influence the accuracy of memories. You will alsooutline some additional factors that might influence the accuracy ofeyewitness testimonies, supporting your discussion with information fromthe course textbook or outside credible academic source.
Many people also believe that a more confident eyewitness is a moreaccurate one. You will discuss whether you agree or disagree with thiswidely held belief about memory. You will explain the relationshipbetween memory confidence and memory accuracy, supporting yourdiscussion with information from the course textbook or outside credibleacademic source.
Requirements for this Assignment:
The guidelines for your paper are as follows:
- A title page, introduction with thesis statement and conclusion.Below is a link to help you with your introduction and conclusion:https://kucampus.kaplan.edu/MyStudies/AcademicSupportCenter/WritingCenter/WritingReferenceLibrary/TheWritingProcess/IntroductionsAndConclusions.aspx
- Discuss whether you agree or disagree with the widely held beliefthat the testimony of one confident eyewitness should be enough toconvict a defendant of a crime.
- Explain the cognitive processes of perception, attention and memory.
- Discuss how the cognitive processes of perception and attention might influence the accuracy of eyewitness memories.
- Outline some additional factors that might influence the accuracy of eyewitness memories.
- Discuss whether you agree or disagree with the widely held belief that a more confident eyewitness is a more accurate one.
- Explain the relationship between memory confidence and memory accuracy.
- Your paper should be 2–3 pages, not including the title page or reference page.
- Your paper should include a reference to the textbook and at leastone additional credible academic resource. Below is a link to help youwith your citations:https://kucampus.kaplan.edu/MyStudies/AcademicSupportCenter/WritingCenter/WritingReferenceLibrary/ResearchCitationAndPlagiarism/BasicCitationGuidelines.aspx
- Your paper must be APA formatted, including references, title page,1” margins on all sides, 12 point font size, and double spacing.Information regarding APA formatting and citation can be found in theWriting Center and should be reviewed thoroughly. Below is a link to thedocument:https://kucampus.kaplan.edu/MyStudies/AcademicSupportCenter/WritingCenter/WritingReferenceLibrary/ResearchCitationAndPlagiarism/CommonCitationsInAPAformat.aspx
- Your paper should use Standard American English including correctgrammar, spelling, and punctuation, and complete sentences andparagraphs. Your paper should be free of typographical errors.
- Your paper should include a highly developed viewpoint and purpose.
- Your paper should demonstrate superior organization. Communication should be highly ordered, logical, and unified.