See attached assignment
Module 2 – Case
Principles of Accounting
In this Case Assignment, you will put to use what you have learned about reading financial statements to prepare a PowerPoint slideshow that presents your analysis of the health of a company.
Synaptics is a manufacturer of computer interface hardware such as touchpads and fingerprint interfaces. Synaptics has been identified as among the top 20 small, publicly held companies in the United States. Use the link below to view Synaptics 2018 annual report and financial statements.
Synaptics 2017 Annual Report. (2018, September). Retrieved from http://www.annualreports.com/Company/synaptics-inc
Hint: To find the financial statements, review the Table of Contents and note that the actual Financial Statements filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission appear toward the end of the larger report. There you will find the Balance Sheet, Statement of Income, and Statement of Cash Flows. There are other statements, but these are the ones you will want to review.
Your analysis should address the following questions:
· What does this information tell me about the company’s performance?
· How did the company do in 2018 compared with other financial periods?
· Has the company exceeded its own targets?
· How does it compare with other companies in the same industry?
· What are the future prospects of
· The firm
· The local (national) economy
· The global economy
· Customers and suppliers
· Political reform
· Social, environmental, and ethical considerations
Prepare a PowerPoint slideshow of at least 12 slides to present your analysis. Your slideshow should be accompanied by a voice-over recording and speaker notes at the bottom of each slide on the notes pages. Keep in mind that today’s younger workers do not want to see slides full of words. They want to see only 5 words and a picture on each slide. All the other things you want to say go on the slide notes pages. In addition, they also want to see pictures of real people. Also, feel free to go over the minimum 12-count slides in your presentation. It should be easy for you to get to the minimum 12-count of slides because there are 10 topics in the assignment! The slide count does not include the cover or reference slides.
Keys to the Assignment
· Your presentation should be professionally prepared, as if you were making a presentation to your boss.
· PowerPoint presentations must include voice-over recordings and speaker notes at the bottom of each slide (in notes section).
· Use evidence and data from the annual report and specified financial statements.
· Stress analysis – simply reporting the data is not sufficient. You must interpret what it means.
· Conduct research to assess global, economic, political, environmental, and ethical considerations impacting the company. This should include at least three library resources. At least two of these resources must be high-quality references from peer-reviewed academic journals. These are found in the Trident Online Library.
· You may also include Internet sites such as Bloomberg, Google Finance, or Yahoo! Finance. Be sure to site any ideas or analysis you retrieve from them in your report.
· Include a title page and reference sheet with your assignment submission.
· Cite all sources and provide a reference list using APA format.
· Presentations should be edited and error-free.
Your paper will be evaluated using the criteria as stated in the Case rubric. The following is a review of the rubric criteria:
· Assignment-Driven: Does the paper fully address all aspects of the assignment? Is the assignment addressed accurately and precisely using sound logic? Does the paper meet minimum length requirements?
· Critical Thinking: Does the paper demonstrate graduate-level analysis, in which information derived from multiple sources, expert opinions, and assumptions has been critically evaluated and synthesized in the formulation of a logical set of conclusions? Does the paper address the topic with sufficient depth of discussion and analysis?
· Business Writing: Is the essay logical, well organized and well written? Are the grammar, spelling, and vocabulary appropriate for graduate-level work? Are section headings included? Are paraphrasing and synthesis of concepts the primary means of responding, or is justification/support instead conveyed through excessive use of direct quotations?
· Effective Use of Information: Does the submission demonstrate that the student has read, understood, and can apply the background materials for the module? If required, has the student demonstrated effective research, as evidenced by student’s use of relevant and quality sources? Do additional sources used provide strong support for conclusions drawn, and do they help in shaping the overall paper?
· Citing Sources: Does the student demonstrate understanding of APA Style of referencing, by inclusion of proper citations (for paraphrased text and direct quotations) as appropriate? Have all sources (e.g., references used from the Background page, the assignment readings, and outside research) been included, and are these properly cited? Have all sources cited in the paper been included on the References page?
· Timeliness: Has the assignment been submitted to TLC (Trident’s learning management system) on or before the module’s due date?