MBA 5510 Apply Yourself 101112
1.Watch the following video “After Tragic Mistake Rural Hospital Transforms Into Model of Success” and answer the questions below.
What were some of the steps taken to revitalize the employee and customer satisfaction levels at Hill County Memorial Hospital? What was missing in the hospital environment prior to this drive for change?
2. Based on the actions of the employers and owners of Hill County Memorial Hospital, would you agree or disagree with the idea that a unified vision, mission, and a clear set of values help drive a strategy forward?
1. Watch the following video about “MassGeneral Strategic Alliances Initiative” and answer the questions below.
The narrator of this video asks you, the viewer, to join her and Mass General Hospital in their strategic alliance initiative. In what ways could you, as a non-participating viewer, have any impact on this alliance?
2. When presenting the details about the alliance, did the narrator highlight any specific reasoning, structure, or need for the partnership? Did she note who is participating in it? Would there be any recommendations on what she should or should not have presented on to draw in audience interest?
1. Read the article “Medicare Advantage Plans Get Unfair Push from U.S. Government Critics” and answer the questions below.
As seen in this article, the world of insurance coverage, health care providers, and available information is constantly in flux. Based on this article, what would be some recommendations on the best ways to move forward (or not) with these proposed new changes in Medicare?
2. Chapter 12 discusses federal regulations, state regulations, and the need to provide more information to the patients to help them make informed decisions. One factor that it didn’t cover was the impact of media coverage of health care changes. What impacts does media coverage – both positive and negative – have on the health care industry and the patients? In your opinion, is there anything that can be done to help reduce the confusion and “noise” around a hotly-debated industry?