You will be creating an export business plan. Work must be original to this class, otherwise a grade of zero will be given. If no paper is submitted, a course grade of zero points will be given. Papers that do not contain detailed research will be severely penalized. No Wikipedia references are allowed.
You do not need to submit work in progress. However you are welcome to approach your instructor with questions.
Business Plan Requirements
Business PlanPage recommendationsSection headerSummary
Part I: Purpose
Why has the plan been written?
Part II: Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Table of contents
Part III: Executive Summary
This is short and concise. It covers the principal points of the report, and is prepared after the plan has been written.
Part IV: Research
Introduction – what product and foreign country did you select and why
Describe the product to be exported
Present a brief history of the country as it relates to its origins and trade historyCultural Overview
The norms, practices, social structure, etc. that may aid (or hinder) the reception of your product
Consumer attitudes toward product
Educational levels; ability to comprehend instructions, ability to use product
Languages; labels, instructions
An overview of the governance structure of the country along with any legal-political forces
Certain required or prohibited features
Label and packing requirements
Export Marketing Plan
Long and short-term goals, characteristics of an ideal target market for your product given the country selected, market screening
How developed the country is, and how this will influence the success of your product
SummarySummaryPart V: References1 to 2ReferencesReferences
Note: For further details regarding the components of your Export Business Plan, please see pages 468-469 of your textbook.
- Your paper must be in APA format to include:
- The use of headings and subheadings
- Times New Roman 12-point font
- 1 inch margins
- Paragraphs with a minimum of at least 5 sentences
- The first line of each paragraph should be indented 1/2 inch
- Anything less than the content length stated above is not sufficient coverage of content and will result in a substantial reduction in grade.
- At least one to two reference pages.
- References must be no older than 5 years.
- Your paper should be well-organized with excellent flow and excellently formatted. Check that your headings and sub-headings are correct.
- Spell-check and proofread before submission.