For this portfolio assignment, you are required to research and analyze a TV program that ran between 1955 and 1965.
To successfully complete this essay, you will need to answer the following questions:
- What is the background of this show? Explain what years it was on TV, describe the channel it aired on, the main characters, setting, etc..
- What social issues and historical events were taking place at the time the show was being broadcast?
- Did these issues affect the television show in any way?
- Did the television show make an impact on popular culture?
Your thesis for the essay should attempt to answer this question:
- Explain the cultural relevance of the show, given the information gathered from the show’s background, and cultural history. How can television act as a reflection of the social, political, and cultural current events?
This essay should be 2-3 pages, in APA style, utilizing the college’s library resources. Please include at least one scholarly resource as a minimum in your essay.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document.