You will learn how to use the Mergent-Online Database available on the Feinberg Library website to retrieve and analyze financial information of a selected firm. Using an Excel template and the recorded video available on the course Moodle site, you will need to address the following requirements:
- Research on the institutional and insiders’ ownerships of the selected firm.
- Download the most recent 3 years’ financial statements in Excel format and analyze the financial statements of this firm using vertical and horizontal analytical skills.
- Download the financial ratios and analyze the profitability, liquidity, and solvency of the selected firm.
- Research on the stock price performance of the selected firm in the past 3 years.
- Summarize the major findings in writing.
- Submit your first draft to the Moodle website for the instructor’s review and peer review before the deadline.
- Review another students’ works and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Revise and resubmit your work based on feedbacks from the instructor and the other students.