- Element: Lithium
- I am looking for originality of thought, so use your own thoughts and references. References should be in APA format.
- You can use some Internet references (no more than three), but I encourage you to use some books or periodicals as well.
- I am looking for you to write a coherent essay, not just a few sentences or paragraphs. So, spend some time researching this topic.
This assignment will be worth 20% of your overall grade, so do your best. No late assignments will be accepted. Element Criteria: Lithium For your element, you should discuss the following:
- Physical and chemical properties (e.g. melting point, boiling point, density, reactivity with certain substances, such as water, air, etc.).
- Compounds that contain this element. You can discuss uses of some of these compounds, if you wish.
- Abundance in the earth’s crust (if it is a naturally occurring element) and possible isotopes.
- Uses and applications of this element and/or some of its compounds, especially in the medical, health, agricultural, and industrial uses).
- History of this element (e.g., when and how was this element discovered? By whom?)