See the attached example. Please list five significant historical events/leaders from this era (Chapters Nine and Ten) and choose two to compare and contrast. Your Discussion Forum response will satisfy the following requirements:
1. Education Consolidation and Improvement Act (ECIA) of 1981
2. The School Reform Movement 1980s
3. Reform: The First Wave 1982 to 1985
4. Reform: The Second Wave 1986 to 1989
5. A Nation Prepared: Teachers for the 21st Century (1986)
6. National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) 1987
7. Reform: The Third Wave 1988
8. back-to-basics movement 1970
9. The Paideia Proposal: An Educational Manifesto (1982)
10. A Nation at Risk, Sizer’s Horace’s Compromise: The Dilemma of the American High School (1984)
11. Coalition of Essential Schools 1984
12. Opening the Door to Goals and Standards: The Bush Administration 1989
13. America 2000: An Education Strategy 1991
14. “The Education President”: The Clinton Administration 1992
15. Proposition 227 1998
1. No Child Left Behind Act 2001
2. Improving America’s Schools Act (IASA)
3. The Obama Administration: Race to the Top and Evolving Educational Federalism
4. National Assessment of Educational Progress in 2009 (and 2011)
5. Race to the Top (RTT) Program
6. Common Core State Standards
7. Partnership for 21st Century Skills (P21)
Pick from the list above only to complete this DQ.
- Five events and the date each event occurred is listed
- Two events are chosen and a Venn Diagram is completed showing (at least three in each category) the similarities and differences of each chosen event.
- Three of the following five questions have been answered
- These events are still significant today because____.
- If I could change the outcome of one of my listed events I would change___ because____.
- If only one of these events/individuals could have taken place; I would chose ___ because____.
- If I could change the outcome of one of my chosen events I would choose___ because____.
- What would you say is the most important result of each of your chosen events?
Book: Webb. L. D. (2014). History of American education: Voices and perspectives. San Diego, CA: Bridgepoint Education, Inc.
If you have any questions regarding this DQ, please feel free to ask me. Thank you.