Each student will analyze the article posted by the professor (in the assignments folder. You will also find it in the Course Resources folder). Each student will write a brief (1-3 pages) summary of their analysis of each paper, which will include the following elements.
- Thesis statement: what is the thesis statement of the article
- Argument: describe how the author argues for his or her conclusion in the body of the text.
- What are the main points of the argument that lead to the conclusion?
- What kind of reasoning, evidence, etc. does the author use?
- In what way does the author use his or her sources?
- Conclusion: what conclusion does the article reach? Describe how it supports (or does not support) the article’s thesis statement?
- Persuasiveness: discuss why you are either convinced by the author’s reasoning, or why you are not convinced.