Creating A Culture Of Innovation
please add turn it in
Imagine you are creating a new and innovative technology company. In this assignment, consider the culture, management, and leadership of your organization. Remember that your company should be a place that people want to work.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Describe the characteristics of the people you would want working at your company, in relation to the culture you are trying to cultivate.
- Identify two (2) leadership qualities you would look for in employees. What does their background and previous experience look like?
- Discuss your company’s organizational culture. What are the ways you can help ensure that the company’s culture fosters creativity and innovation among employees?
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the principal theories and the various approaches to management that have evolved over time and their application to current management situations.
- Assess how various leadership styles fit cultural differences and effectively operate in global markets.
- Describe control systems that can improve a firm’s operations and facilitate change.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in management concepts.
- Write clearly and concisely about management concepts using proper writing mechanics
Creating a Culture of Innovation
Your name here
DELETE THE INFORMATION IN THIS TEMPLATE BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR PAPER! Introduction
In this section, you will introduce what your paper is about. An introduction sets the stage for the topics your paper will discuss. Start by thinking about the question(s) you are trying to answer. Provide information about the company you are choosing to discuss for this assignment. Your introduction should conclude with your topic sentence. A topic sentence is a concise summary of the main topics of your paper, typically written as one sentence. For this paper, there are three main topics, so be sure to include them all in your topic sentence.
Characteristics of Employees
In this section, you are asked to describe the characteristics of the people you would want working at your company, in relation to the culture you are trying to cultivate. In week three, we discuss the various skills that leaders need including human, technical, and conceptual skills. Those are the type of skills and characteristics you should be thinking about to answer this question. Remember characteristics are traits such as being honest, creative, communication, and a sense of humor just to name a few. Then you will discuss how those characteristics will help improve your company cutlture or help create a positive culture.
Two Leadership Qualities
In this section, you are asked to discuss two (2) leadership qualities you would look for in employees. In week 1, our learning resource talked about what management is. If you were starting a company, what leadership qualities would you like to see in its managers? There are a lot, such as commitment, honesty, passion, and empathy. Research the qualities of good leadership and discuss the qualities you think make a good leader. Explain why you feel these qualities will be a good fit for your company.
In this section, discuss your company’s organizational culture. This connects to Week 2. We discussed four different types of company culture. If you were running your own company, what are the actions you would take to make sure your company has the kind of culture you think would best help it achieve its goals? You may even want to discuss how leadership can effect the company culture because leaders have a major influence on organizational culture. Discuss some of the steps or ways you can help maintain the culture you want in order to continue with a successful business.
In this section, you will wrap everything up that you have in your paper. A conclusion summarizes the main points in your paper. For this paper, there are three main topics, so be sure to include them all in your conclusion.
This is where you list all of the resources you have used in your paper. Be sure to cite ideas you are using from your resources. Be sure to put direct quotes in quotation marks. Each source listed should have at least one citation in the body of your paper. Follow proper SWS formatting for listing your sources and citations.
Additional Tips for a Good Paper
1. Delete all of the wording in this template before submitting your paper. The information provided is simply to help you get a good understanding of the assignment topics and get a headstart on each section.
2. When you have completed your work, it is helpful to save the file with a different name such as BUS302 Assignment 1. This will help to prevent submitting the assignment template by mistake.
3. The paper should 3-5 pages long. If you discuss each of the three assigned topics – characteristics of employees, two leadership qualities, and organizational culture – in at least one page each, you will meet the length requirement.
4. Use headers, like the ones in this template, to help you organize your thoughts and focus on what the assignment is asking.
5. Always include a title page and page numbers. All papers must be submitted in a Word file.