Oftentimes, the words coaching and mentoring are interspersed in the literature. Coaching of employees can be beneficial to an organization’s success. Sometimes, employees do not want to be coached. This assignment will give you the opportunity to look at the competencies required of a coach and the challenges that coaches may experience.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
- Include a minimum of five scholarly topic-relevant sources (majority of articles should be published within past 5 years)
Write a paper of 2,000-2,500 words in which you discuss coaching and how to handle leaders who do not want coaching. Address the following:
- Describe needed competencies for a leadership coach and include a rationale for why these competencies are important.
- Depict three types of difficult leaders and how you would handle the challenges of coaching them.
- How does a leader’s style influence how challenges are handled?
- Discuss how you would handle a toxic leader.