You will review a case study provided later in class. You will be responsible
for reviewing the case, assigning a diagnoses and creating a treatment plan. You will also beresponsible for providing a rationale for the diagnoses, as well as a discussion of rule outs,differential diagnoses. Differential diagnosis refers to all of the diagnostic categories that youseriously considered during the diagnostic process. Because the symptoms present in thecase study suggest the possibility of several disorders, a thorough discussion of disordersthat you excluded is warranted. In other words, you should discuss why you assigned thediagnoses that you did and why you ruled out others.
This process will require the student to:
- Read the case study given by the professor based on a fictional patient describing themedical history
- Assess symptoms
- Assess other potential problematic areas of the person’s life, such as social, spiritual,emotional, cognitive, work/education level, physical
- Identify diagnostic criteria based on DSM
- Identify stressors
- Give recommendations for treatment
- Assess prognosis
- Summarize results in a written statement
Format Outline: Written statement, 5-7 typed pages, double-spaced, no larger than 12-point,Times New Roman font. Make sure you follow the directions carefully and fulfill all of theabove mentioned requirements. Don’t forget to be creative and have funJ
All analyses must be typed in your own original writing. If you pass off others’ work asyour own, it constitutes academic dishonesty and will result in disciplinary action.