A2: Your Leadership Autobiography
Instructions: Please Follow Exactly
- Write your “leadership autobiography” in which you reflect on your past and present leadership experiences.
- You MUST utilize the following theory in your response: Six Bases of Power (French & Raven, 1962). NOTE: Northouse is not the author of this theory.
- Incorporate the following questions into your narrative:
- What people have had a significant impact on you in terms of leadership characteristics?
- What leadership traits do they possess that you admire the most? Do they align with any of the Six Bases of Power?
- What skills do they have that you have developed or aspire to develop? Do they align with any of the Six Bases of Power?
- What area(s) do you feel you need to focus on and grow? Do they align with any of the Six Bases of Power?
- DO NOT WRITE ASSUMING I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, REMEMBER THE READER KNOWS NOTHING!
See Quick Guide – College Level Writing attached.
- Check anything APA at Purdue Online Writing Lab.
- APA is always double space, no more no less.
- The title page must have a header and page number. Center of title page has the title of the assignment, your name, and college name. NO MORE!
- Don’t forget the References page. If you list a reference, it must also appear as an in-text citation and visa versa. Never use the words “Works Cited” as your heading on the References page. Use the word “References”.
You should submit
- A word document containing your “leadership autobiography”.
- You must format your paper according to APA style. Not sure how? Review the information on APA style format in this course.
If you need assistance with APA style format, review the resources available in the Writing Resources area of the course (in the course menu on the left)