The purpose of the Project assignment in each STAT-535 workshop is to provide you with an opportunity to demonstrate your ability to apply the statistical tools you have learned in this course.
- Assigned Statistics for Managers: Using Microsoft Excel reading
- MyStatLab assignments
- File: Patients dataset (Excel)
In each workshop, you will be asked to demonstrate some of the knowledge you have gained by applying a few of the statistical tools that you have learned.
- Download the Patients dataset (Excel).
- Create a table in which for each variable in the dataset, you :
- Identify the variable as categorical, numerical discrete, or numerical continuous. (5 points)
- Identify the level of measurement of each variable (nominal, ordinal, interval, or ratio). (5 points)
- Create a bar chart comparing the average total charges between males and females. (10 points)
- When you have completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself and submit a copy to your instructor using the Assignment submission page by the end of the workshop. Showing your work is required, not just providing answers without showing how you arrived at them.